Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Videos using Screencastify

I use the extension from the chrome store called screencastify to create my tutorial videos. The free version of screencastify lets you create videos that are up to 10 minutes long. If I have a video longer than that, I would just create multiple videos on the same topic, calling them "Part 2" and/or "Part 3".

You don't even need a chromebook to get screencastify. As long as you have chrome, you can get the extension. From there, you can just share it onto YouTube and choose whether you want to make it be public, unlisted (where you need the link in order to view it), or private.

I prefer to make my videos public because I want my students to search for my videos and easily find them.

You could even have the students use screencastify to create a tutorial video teaching YOU and the rest of the class what they learned! I would highly recommend you give screencastify a try if you are looking for an easy way to create your own videos for your classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment