Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Google Classroom

I use Google Classroom as one of my main platforms for communication with my students on the chromebooks. It's great when it comes to posting assignments, having the students submit the assignments and returning the assignments to students. It tells the students when due dates are and honestly, it keeps things very organized. It eliminates the dreaded question of "What did I miss yesterday?" when students come back after being absent (one, two, or worse three days at a time). Also students can check the classroom page at anytime. There is also a google classroom app for students, which is great so that students can check it on their phones. They can always easily refer back to my lesson videos or the homework.

I mainly use it to list the daily activities students are to work on when they are in my class. Below is an example of the way I use Google Classroom in my class. I usually use it to list assignments that I want the students to do. They work and submit the assignments in order and are allowed to talk with their groups when doing them.

My one biggest gripe with Google Classroom is that unless you are a part of google apps for education, you cannot join the classroom page. This is a major downfall because I cannot invite the parents to view the assignments. Parents can't keep track of exactly what they are doing in the classroom or at home unless I post that on another website (like my teacher page) which at that point, now I'm posting the same thing twice for all of my classes.

On the plus side, it is very user friendly and easy to post and keep track of assignments! Students can also comment and have a discussion on classroom if you choose to ask a question. Plus, its all monitored because it is all posted and YOU have control over what you want and don't want posted.

Google Classroom is a great tool to use.




No comments:

Post a Comment