Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Math With Kousou YouTube Channel

My YouTube channel is called "Math with Kousou" and can be found here. Rather than have me teach on the board, I have students watch tutorial videos that I created and uploaded. So, in other words, students are watching my lesson through tutorial videos on youtube in class.

Using youtube as a tool for teaching is extremely helpful because it helps differentiate learning. Students are learning at their own pace. They can pause the video where ever they need, go back to a certain point in the video if they need a certain example repeated, and take as many or as little notes as they want.

Having a YouTube channel is great because students can watch the videos at home if they are absent, or the next day if they are absent. It is a good way for students to help catch up on what they need to. I also know students rewatch the videos before tests and quizzes as a review.

By having the students "learn on their own" so to speak, that leaves me available the entire period for more individualized student attention. Students can pause the video at certain example and ask me to reexplain something they don't understand.

Students can also watch these videos on their phones (right before school starts) or while they are doing homework.


No comments:

Post a Comment